How to see a Halloween horror film for less at the cinema — plus win £1,000 towards your bills
But the scariest thing about a night at the cinema is often the price.
On average, a family of four spends about £50 per trip, once drinks and snacks are thrown in.
But you can get your film fix with- out breaking the bank with our tips:
- Dead good deals: Web-sites like Wowcher have some great offers on cinema trips this Halloween. For example, Wowcher customers can scare themselves silly at a Halloween screening of Scream at one of 13 Odeon locations across the UK, including at Greenwich, Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester. The deal, which starts from £9, includes popcorn with a tasty topper, such as mini Oreos, Rolos or Smarties, and a regular soft drink — saving on both the ticket, which usually costs from around £12.75, and your snacks.
- Snacks: Popcorn is the perfect treat for movie night. Save money by making it yourself from 99p for a 500g bag from Tesco. That’s a £4.01 saving on the average £5 cinema price.
- Appy Halloween: Three mobile customers can take advantage of its rewards app Wuntu. It is full of deals and freebies, including Cineworld tickets and vouchers for Costa coffee you can download to your phone. You can also use Tesco Clubcard points for Odeon tickets — until November 30.
- Vue need to see this: If you’re not dead-set on a scary movie and you’re heading out as a family, you can take advantage of Vue Cinema’s Family Ticket. This reduces all ticket prices to child prices (so £7.79 instead of approximately £11.49 adult price). The offer is valid for a family of four for every U, PG and 12A film.
- Home, sweet home: If you really can’t make it out, there are ways to keep it cheap at home. Sign up to Netflix and browse a range of horrific pictures bound to give you a fright. You can get a month’s FREE trial worth up to £9.99 when you register — just cancel after 30 days. If you’re after something a little more recent, sign up to the Chili movie-streaming service where your first movie rental is FREE — so make it count and choose something spooky, such as Ghost Stories.
- All prices on this page correct at time of going to press.
- Deals and offers subject to availability.
Forget Pumpkins, pineapple carving is the new Halloween trend… and some of the designs are creepy!
Hot right now
SCENT a bargain with Fragrance Direct’s One-Day Deals.
You can get Calvin Klein IN2U Her eau de toilette for just £16.95, not the RRP of £50.
Deal of the Day
Get 15 per cent off top sellers on eBay when you use code PREP15. You can get this LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts School from The Biggest Toy Store for £76.49. Was £89.99.
The Sun Superdays
As well as recreating the star’s rugged features, the world-famous attraction has brought the figure to life using technology, giving his figure a heartbeat and normal body temperature.
Tom joins a host of other movie stars at Madame Tussauds London’s A-list party, including Eddie Redmayne and Cara Delevingne.
To get your tickets, go to “Offers” in the Sun Savers app or sunsavers.co.uk and opt in to the Superdays promotion.
Next, collect NINE of the 18 Sun Savers codes, printed daily until November 13.
Enter your NINE codes on Sun Savers and click “Redeem”. You will get an email with a unique code and steps on how to book.
Not a Sun Savers member? You can still collect ten of 18 printed tokens and use the online booking form, but only Sun Savers get early booking.
- Subject to availability. Code Collect. 18+ T&Cs apply, see thesun.co.uk/superdays.
Treat yourself to Doulton Prosecco Liqueur Chocolates from starbargains.co.uk. Was £1.99, now £1.50.
Swap a £10 Molton Brown shower gel bauble for this Home Bargains version for just 99p.
Rearder's Saving Tip
Kathleen Ravenscroft, of Denton, Greater Manchester, says: “Instead of buying bags for dog poo, get the cheapest supermarket nappy sacks. They cost around 30p for 100, whereas the others are £1 or more.”
- Send your suggestions to sunsavers.co.uk/tips and get 28 codes, worth £5, if we print yours. Please include your name and town.
Shop and Save
Raise a glass of the SPAR Esprello Vino Spumante Bianco or Rosé. RRP £8, now just £6.50. Offer ends on November 4.
My Sun Savers Fiver
Nikki Collins, from Exeter, says: “I put my fivers into a separate bank account to save for Christmas. Now I have five grandchildren, it will be extra helpful this year.”
- Send us your Savers fiver stories to sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and get 28 codes, worth £5, if we print yours. Please include your name and town.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £15k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
- T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs at sunsavers.co.uk/faqs.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash. With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.
Our Raffle winners share their delight
Christopher Roberts, 69, Sheerness, Kent. Won September’s 80k Raffle
Retired Chris said: “My wife Barbara and I have always loved Tenerife, but we haven’t been able to afford to go much since we retired.
“Now, thanks to our win, my sixties will go out with a bang!
“This Sun Savers Raffle win really is the best birthday present I could wish for. I’m going to make sure Barbara and I enjoy our retirement in style. I can’t wait to soak up the sunshine knowing I don’t have to worry about a single penny of our holiday spend.”
Sarah Gale, 43, Southampton. Won August’s 15k Raffle
Bride-to-be Sarah said: “I’d always fantasised about an extravagant wedding, but the idea of saving enough money had seemed impossible.
“Now, with £15,000 we can plan our perfect day. It really couldn’t have come at a better time.
“I was in total shock when I opened my email to find I’d won £15,000, but with venues to visit and a dress to buy, I can’t wait to get married. The win means I can truly plan the wedding day of my dreams.”
Yvonne Martin, 59, Crawley, West Sussex. Won July’s £15k Raffle.
Grandmother Yvonne told us: “I was exhausted after running around with the little one, when I heard my phone ping in my pocket.
“I opened the email straight away and couldn’t believe I’d won.
“I adore my family, and love hosting parties, so this is really a blessing to help celebrate my sixtieth.
“My hubby Phil and I have always been the hosts with the most, and this year’s party will be bigger and better than ever.”
Source: Read Full Article