Neil Morrissey called out by Line Of Duty’s Martin Compston for ‘worst complaint’
Susanna Reid and Piers Morgan are shocked by Neil Morrisey discussing crack inspections
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.
While many actors dream of filming in locations such as Las Vegas, Neil Morrissey has revealed he once had to alter plans to stay away from Sin City, leaving Line of Duty star Martin Compston feeling a little offended. Neil, 58, has starred in shows such as BBC’s Waterloo Road and Bob the Builder, but has always ensured his funny personality has shone through in his roles, none more so than during his stint on Line of Duty.
Now, the Stafford-born actor is set to star in BBC One’s The Syndicate and was an instant hit for writer Kay Mellor.
After six years away from screens, the show is set to return and was due to film in exotic sets across the Atlantic after his character fled the country, but they were soon hit by the coronavirus pandemic which saw flights bound for the United States brought to a halt.
Speaking about relocating, Neil told Radio Times: “I was going to stay in [Line of Duty’s] Martin Compston’s house in Vegas.
“When I told him I couldn’t go he said, ‘So you’re moaning because you’re going to Monaco instead? That’s the worst complaint I’ve heard in my life.’ And he’s right: Monaco’s great.”
READ MORE… Piers Morgan shares exactly ‘what went down’ with GMB exit
It appears that writer Kay was also a fan of the decision when it came to swapping to Monaco, noting that the country was “very on it” during the height of the pandemic, ensuring that people were wearing protective face coverings and had been tested for the virus.
While filming was often hit with different curfews in light of the ongoing lockdown situations, Kay revealed that should she have needed to, she would have safely been able to have the cast flown back to the UK.
“It was stressful but creatively, it worked out really well because our syndicate are more out of their depth, Vegas is a glorified Blackpool: class-wise, it’s the same. In Monaco, it’s immense wealth and yachts, so the kids are walking around with their jaws on the floor,” she told the publication.
Neil recently told how he was told off by director Susanne Bier, who directed the hit 2016 series of The Night Manager, alongside Tom Hiddleston, High Laurie and Olivia Colman.
The actor recalled reading through his script alongside the rest of the cast when he attempted to cheer the room up, but his boss was less than impressed.
He laughed: “The director was very, very serious and oh, she was angry.”
“So we’re in a giant shiny boardroom and everyone’s got suits on, as have I, and we’re running the lines.
Bernie Ecclestone’s daughter swipes at Harry and Meghan [COMMENT]
Kate Garraway fans defend GMB star as Finding Derek branded ‘shameful’ [OPINION]
Louise Minchin ‘delighted’ as BBC colleague announces new role [INSIGHT]
“I said something funny to lighten the mood, added an extra line or something, and everyone laughed except her. She said, ‘It’s not funny.’”
Following the return of the hugely successful series, Line of Duty on Sunday evening, fans have been speculating as to whether Neil’s character, crooked cop DC Nigel Morton, could potentially make a return and it appears his co-stars are also hoping he will be back on the beat.
Speaking to Digital Spy and other press, Adrian Dunbar who plays Ted Hastings said: “I would really like to see Neil Morrissey’s character Nigel, who’s still alive, he’s still out there, he’s still in possession of some information I’m sure of it.
“And I’d really like to see him back because, more than anything else, he’s probably the best entertainment officer that any crew ever had. And for that alone, you’d really want Neil to be on the job,” he added.
Radio Times cover [RADIOTIMES]
“Can we start something please?”
Neil has previously spoken of his stint on the show, hailing it as his “breakthrough”.
Speaking to The Guardian, the actor said: “I’ve had a little breakthrough in recent years, I’m getting more drama roles.
“Jed Mercurio took a chance on me in Line of Duty in 2012 and from there I got other parts.
“It’s been great, but I never watch TV and think, ‘Oh, I wish I’d been in that.'”
Read the full interview in this week’s Radio Times – out now.
Source: Read Full Article