Man who threw phone at Bebe Rexha's face mid-gig explains why he did it

Yesterday, disturbing footage emerged of Bebe Rexha being hit in the face with a phone hurled from the crowd during a New York gig – and now, the alleged assailant has spoken out.

The 33-year-old singer was attended by medics, but she was unable to complete her gig due to the injury.

While the I’m Good (Blue) singer was on stage, out of nowhere the mobile phone whacked into her face, causing the star to collapse to the floor.

She was then escorted out of the venue, still clutching her face.

Now, new details have emerged as to what actually happened during the star’s Best F***in’ Night Of My Life Tour concert – which the singer had been excitably promoting all day Sunday.

It’s been reported Bebe was taken to hospital after the incident and received stitches.

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a webbrowser thatsupports HTML5video


Indeed, Bebe took to social media last night to share a picture of her bruised eye and medical tape over her eyebrow.

In another picture – which was seemingly taken on the night of the incident – Bebe’s whole eye looked swollen, and a cut can be seen protruding from her left eyebrow.

She wrote alongside the post a reassuring ‘Im good,’ but followers were outraged.

Demi Lovato had some comforting words as she said: ‘Love you girly.. I’m so sorry this happened to you 😣.’

Singer Lauren Jauregui wrote: ‘Dude what the f***?!? I’m so sorry babe😩 so f***ed up.’

Appalled, Wrestler Natalya Neidhart commented: ‘I saw what happened to you. I’m completely disgusted. I’m so sorry this happened to you.’

Now, the alleged assailant – who, according to Rolling Stone, is Nicolas Malvagna from New Jersey – has spoken out.

The publication reports that Manhattan District Attorney’s office says Malvagna confessed to throwing the phone.

The 27-year-old was also said to have explained his motives, as he reportedly said: ‘I was trying to see if I could hit her with the phone at the end of the show because it would be funny.’

According to the publication, the man was taken to custody and arraigned the evening after the incident, and he has been charged with ‘two counts of assault in the three degree; one count of harassment in the second degree; one count of aggravated harassment in the second degree; and one count of attempted assault in the third degree’.

It appears this incident could be part of a wider trend, with crowd members throwing objects at artists seemingly in the hope of interaction.

Harry Styles has long been at the mercy of flying objects, with one fan striking him in the eye with a Skittle sweet last year.

Meanwhile, Kid Cudi stormed off stage last year due to disruptive fans.

Bebe had four more concerts scheduled just this week or her tour, but it is unclear whether these will be going ahead or not.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

Source: Read Full Article