Capricorn star sign: Horoscope dates, meaning, character traits and compatibility
IF you're into astrology, star signs can be fun to follow and even help your search for your perfect partner.
Capricorns are practical, patient and resourceful – but what else does the sign mean?
What are the Capricorn horoscope dates?
If you're born between December 22 and January 20, then you're a Capricorn.
The dates for the rest of the signs are:
- Aquarius: January 21 – February 18
- Pisces: February 19 – March 20
- Aries: March 21 – April 20
- Taurus: April 21 – May 21
- Gemini: May 22 – June 21
- Cancer: June 22 – July 22
- Leo: July 23 – August 23
- Virgo: August 24 – September 22
- Libra: September 23 – October 23
- Scorpio: October 24 – November 22
- Sagittarius: November 23 – December 21
What does the Capricorn star sign mean?
The Capricorn sign is ruled by Saturn, which is an element of earth, making the sign practical and grounding.
The symbol consists of the head and upper body of a goat, and the lower body of a fish.
In ancient Roman mythology, Saturn was the father of many of the gods, and those born to the sign also want to be positions of power, making them ambitious and determined.
They are extremely dedicated to their goals, and although stubborn, are willing to be patient and work hard to get there. They are organised, reliable, motivated, family orientated, modest.
However, a Capricorn tends to hold grudges, and can be stubborn, unoptimistic, ego-centric.
What signs are compatible with Capricorn?
Practical Capricorns have a great sense of humour, and need someone who can appreciate them and their ambition.
- Taurus – Both earth signs, and are both driven by money and the finer things in life
- Pisces – Their differences help this romance work, as Pisces can encourage Capricorns to take life less seriously, and Capricorns give security to the relationship
- Virgo – Both are clever hard working signs which could create a long-term, successful relationship
- Aries – These signs completely clash, as risk taking Aries will frustrate sensible Capricorns, and they will also both compete for power in the relationship
- Sagittarius – Sagittarius can be passionate yet immature, which is completely unsuited to sensible Capricorns
- Leo – Conservative Capricorns won't see eye-to-eye with extravagant Leos, making compromises difficult
What celebrities are Capricorn?
- Kate Middleton
- Muhammed Ali
- Rowan Atkinson
- Martin Luther King, Jr
- Zayn Malik
- Ellie Goulding
- Sienna Miller
- Kate Moss
What are the new Capricorn star sign dates according to Nasa?
According to space agency Nasa, there have always been 13 constellations rather than 12.
The 13th constellation is named Ophiuchus and is part of the Sun's path in the sky.
But the use of Ophiuchus would change the dates of all star signs included on the Zodiac, including Capricorn.
The inclusion of the 13th constellation would mean Cancer's specific dates run from January 20 to February 16.
However, it would keep its original place of the 1st sign on the Zodiac.
Most astrologists have Ophiuchus out of the zodiac wheel, a calendar that places star signs in the earth's four seasons. This is because signs are based on seasons rather than the constellation themselves.
The inclusion of Ophiuchus changes the dates of all other star signs.
- Capricorn: January 20th to February 16th
- Aquarius: February 16th to March 11th
- Pisces: March 11th to April 18th
- Aries: April 18th to May 13th
- Taurus: May 13th to June 21st
- Gemini: June 21st to July 20th
- Cancer: July 20th to August 10th
- Leo: August 10th to September 16th
- Virgo: September 16th to October 30th
- Libra: October 30th to November 23rd
- Scorpio: November 23rd to November 29th
- Ophiuchus: November 29th to December 17th
- Sagittarius: December 17th to January 20th
Where does the Zodiac come from?
The Zodiac is the term used to describe the circle of 12 divisions of celestial longitude that are centred upon the path of the sun.
The 12 divisions share the names we know as our star signs.
The term zodiac derives from Latin zōdiacus – meaning "circle of animals".
Throughout history, the zodiac has been used to predict or echo characteristics of personality.
When is International Astrology Day?
Astrologers around the world celebrate their love of the stars on March 20 which is considered the start of the astrological year.
Former president of the International Society of Astrological Research Gisele Terry told Astrology Hub:
“Astrology is truly a global language. We are all under the same sky. Sharing both our common and diverse perspectives on how we relate to the stars is the gift of International Astrology Day.”
Source: Read Full Article