Five women with different body shapes try on styles from high street stores to see which suits them best
Five women with different body shapes try on styles, from various stores, to see which suits them best – with tips from deputy fashion editor Clemmie Fieldsend.
Petite: Emma Louise, 30
- White organic cotton T-shirt, £6.99 New Look – buy now
- Farleigh jeans, £32, Asos – buy now
- Red pointed high heels, £42, Topshop – buy now
Emma Louise says: “The high waist gives my figure more shape and makes me look taller. They’re not super-skinny either, which I like."
Clemmie says: “Extend the length of your legs by choosing high-waisted jeans, with a cut that will add shape to your figure such as a subtle flare.
“Avoid cropped and wide-leg pairs that will make you appear smaller.”
Hourglass: Amanda, 45
- Tan and white striped shirt, £32, Next – buy now
- Jamie flare jeans, £40, Topshop – buy now
- Red heels, £25.99, New Look – buy now
Amanda says: "This dark pair are flattering and sexy – it’s really nice to see my figure rather than hiding it.
Clemmie says: “Embrace an hourglass frame with high-waist jeans and boot-cut flare to play with proportions and show off those curves.
“Opt for darker shades to create a sharp silhouette. Baggy cuts will drown your figure.”
Column/athletic: Gabriela, 27
- Pale pink shirt, £89.99, Lindex – buy now
- Mom jeans, £70, Levi’s – buy now
- Tan heels, £39, Topshop – buy now
Gabriela says: “The high waist gives me curves I never knew I had. They’re flattering on the legs. too."
Clemmie says: “Create curves with these tapered-leg Mom jeans.
“The high waist gives the appearance of hips while highlighting long legs. Stick to skinny jeans to avoid looking wide.”
Pear: Victoria 32
- Blouse, £22.99, New Look – buy now
- Amelie high-rise skinny jeans, £40, River Island – buy now
- Dusty pink kitten heels, £19.99, New Look – buy now
Victoria says: “They show off my small waist and curves, but don’t make me feel like I’ve gone up a size."
Clemmie says: “Many pears don’t think they can wear skinny jeans, but be proud of your hips and bum by showing them off in the classic style.
“The simple shape gives the illusion of height, while wide-leg styles will swamp your curves.”
Apple: Lisa, 51
- Jumper, £75, M&S – buy now
- Kick flares, £28, Dorothy Perkins – buy now
- Black sling-backs, £39, Topshop – buy now
Lisa says: “I’ve never found a pair of jeans before that fit and look nice. The flare gives me shape while the dark colour is slimming."
Clemmie says: “Flared jeans are perfect for balancing hips and a high-waist cinches you in for a more flattering silhouette.
“Steer clear of baggy, shapeless styles that will swamp you.”
- GOT a story? Ring The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or email [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article