'Furious' Prince Harry will blame everyone else after court docs threatened Meghan’s Markle credibility, says expert
"FURIOUS" Prince Harry will "blame everyone else" after emails he and Meghan Markle sent out were shown in court, a royal expert has claimed.
The Duchess of Sussex, 40, apologised to the Court of Appeal yesterday after she failed to tell a judge about her attempts to influence a biography about her and Prince Harry.
Emails shown to a court revealed she and Harry heavily briefed their press spokesman Jason Knauf before he met the authors of Finding Freedom two years ago – despite Meghan previously denying cooperating with them.
Meghan apologised for not mentioning the emails, but Royal Biographer Angela Levin believes Harry will be "furious" – and says the duke will be quick to push the blame elsewhere.
"He will be furious," Angela told The Sun Online.
"I think Harry will blame the press, he will blame everybody except himself."
Angela, who wrote Harry: Conversations with the Prince, thinks Meghan and Harry will also lose "a lot of credibility" after the revelations, with the public likely to "lose trust in them".
She added there was an irony in Harry "attacking disinformation" yesterday while his wife was "apologising to the appeal court for not giving the right information".
"I think they will both blame other people because at the moment they have never shown any signs of taking on any blame themselves," she said.
"They will blame everybody else they can."
Meghan yesterday apologised to the Court of Appeal for not mentioning the emails before in her long-running High Court privacy case against The Mail on Sunday for revealing the contents of the letter to her father.
She had won her case but the newspaper is appealing.
Meghan said: “I did not have the benefit of seeing these emails and I apologise to the Court for the fact I had not remembered these exchanges at the time.
“I had absolutely no wish or intention to mislead the defendant or the Court.”
The emails revealed an account of Meghan choosing her wedding tiara with the Queen were attributed to a “palace aide” in Finding Freedom when it was released last summer.
In another exchange Harry told Mr Knauf: “I totally agree that we have to be able to say we didn’t have anything to do with it.
"Equally, you giving the right context and background to them would help get some truths out there.
"The truth is v much needed and would be appreciated, especially around the Markle/wedding stuff but at the same time we can’t put them directly in touch with her friends.”
Harry also emailed Mr Knauf to wish him “good luck” before his briefing with the authors Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand in December 2018.
Meghan, 40, even wrote five bullet points and 31 “reminders” she says “may be helpful to have”.
In her statement to court, Meghan admitted Mr Knauf “did provide some information to the authors for the book” and “did so with my knowledge”.
Her new recollections appeared in a 23-page statement after Mr Knauf released the emails to lawyers appealing her High Court privacy case with estranged dad Thomas.
It comes after a string of vocal denials of collaboration via her spokesmen and lawyers.
Court documents submitted on Meghan’s behalf signed by her lawyer Justin Rushbrook in her High Court privacy hearing in September 2020 said: “The claimant and her husband did not collaborate with the authors of the book.”
When Finding Freedom was published, a spokesman for the couple told the Press: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were not interviewed and did not contribute.”
And in his witness statement, co-author Scobie said: “Any suggestion that the Duke and Duchess collaborated on the book is false.”
Mr Knauf’s statement reveals: “The book was discussed directly with the Duchess multiple times in person and over email.”
He says on November 12, 2018 that “the Duchess asked to discuss the book with me that afternoon”.
In her new court statement, Meghan added: “Until I saw these emails, I had not given any thought to Mr Knauf’s meeting with this journalist, or any other — those meetings and calls comprised the entirety of Mr Knauf’s job.
“No particular meeting stood out in my mind, as there was a daily deluge of media inquiries which he was tasked with handling.”
Meghan and Harry have denied ever meeting the authors in person and there is no evidence to suggest they did.
Source: Read Full Article