How do air fryers work? | The Sun
IF you're looking to cut down on your oil consumption air fryers are a great way to cook up a quick, deliciously crispy dish.
But what are air fryers exactly, and how do they work?
What is an air fryer?
Air fryers have become an indispensable appliance in many home kitchens.
They're great for cooking meat and vegetables quickly and with some simple cleaning hacks you can clean them in no time too.
It's essentially a convection oven you can have on your countertop.
They can be used to get results similar to deep frying, without having to drop ingredients in hot oil.
How do air fryers work?
In spite of its name, air fryers don't actually fry food at all, as hot oil isn't used.
The appliance actually operates something like a convection oven.
READ MORE IN FABULOUS
Mrs Hinch fans share 7p hack to dry clothes without using your tumble dryer
You have the eyes of a hawk if you can spot the dog hiding in the field
Hot air is created by a heating element, and this is then circulated around the food by a fan.
The veggies or meat you put in there are held up in the basket, and allowing the hot air to move round all sides of it.
By using an air fryer than than traditional frying, you can get your food crispy and browned without having to use much oil – though you may use some to stop your food from getting stuck to the basket.
Most read in The Sun
Brit BEATS both Swarmz & Pineda by KNOCKOUT and calls out Tommy Fury
Andrew's daughters Beatrice & Eugenie beg Charles to give their shamed dad new job
Watch Ronaldo prank Rio Ferdinand and prove Carragher snub WAS personal
Love Island's Gemma Owen left reeling as Luca Bish gives her VERY expensive gift
Is air fried food healthy?
So is air-fried food healthy? Well, yes and no.
The ingredients you use when preparing your dishes will have an affect on how healthy your food is however you cook it, such as the amount of sugar and salt you add.
Read More on The Sun
I’m a barista…the things I’m fed up of hearing
Alison Hammond looks slimmer than ever in plunging swimsuit on holiday
According to the BBC Good Food website, air frying is a more healthy alternative to using a deep fat fryer, but food cooked using them is still classed as being fried food.
Fried food is known to contribute to type 2 diabetes, weight gain, some cancers and heart disease, so it's better to cook using them occasionally, and not every day.
Cleaning hacks and tips
Here are some tips to help you clean your home like a pro:
- How to clean your washing machine in a few easy steps
- Keep on top of cleaning your oven regularly
- Clean your shower to ensure it's always sparkling
- How to clean your microwave using cheap household items
- Here's how to get rid of that nasty limescale in your kettle
- You're cleaning your carpet all wrong – here's how to get it spotless again in no time
- Unblock a toilet without a plunger
- Clean your fabric or leather sofa in a few easy steps
- If you haven't cleaned your mattress in ages, here's how
- Steps to cleaning your dishwasher to leave it looking brand new
- This is how to clean mirrors and windows without streaking
- Keep your toilet clean in four easy steps
- Give your TV screen a once-over
- Did you know your Venetian, Roman, vertical, or roller blinds also need cleaning?
- Deep-clean your fridge in five simple steps
Source: Read Full Article