I'm a cleaning fan – 5p hack will make your home smell amazing when hoovering, it's so easy & will last for ages | The Sun
A CLEANING enthusiast has shared an easy trick for getting rid of that dusty aroma when hoovering your home – and it's so easy too.
Beauty fan Amelia Gartner took to TikTok to reveal how she gives her home a lovely refreshing scent whenever using her vacuum cleaner.
According to Amelia, the answer is easy and it only calls for two common household ingredients – a cotton pad, as well as a few drops of essential oil.
Sharing the cleaning tip on her platform, the savvy woman said: ''This is the best hack to make your house smell amazing all the time.
''Just get yourself a cotton pad – or even a cotton wool ball – and soak it in your favourite essential oil […].''
If you've run out of this, the cleaning fanatic insisted in her video that perfume or even vanilla essence worked just as fine.
read more on homes
I came up with a way to use up empty bottles – trolls say it looks rubbish
We were quoted £10k for a new driveway so we revamped our old one for £300
Once the cotton pad has completely absorbed the liquid, grab a pair of scissors and cut it in two.
''Then take them and put them in the barrel of your vacuum cleaner, so wherever it sucks them up.
''Out your vacuum cleaner back together and just start vacuuming.''
Amelia explained that the scent will come out through the air vents at the top and your house ''will smell like whatever your favourite scent is''.
Most read in Fabulous
The sun’s at the top of your chart and you are at the peak of your game
I’m interior guru – 10 hacks to make your home look way bigger than it actually is
I’ll get into debt to give my kids brand new birthday presents
I’m 50 and fabulous, mature women can wear bikinis too, I’m a hot mom
''Dont judge how dirty my vaccum or my clothes are [sic],'' she chuckled in the caption.
Fellow cleaning enthusiasts on the platform raced to comments where dozens thanked Amelia.
FABULOUS FIVER: SPEND £5 AND GET A £25 WELCOME BONUS
One pet lover was keen to give the hack a go, writing: ''I might try this cause my vacuum smells like dog from the amount of fur I vacuum up.''
Another advised: ''Spray perfume on the filter, leave it dry 1h and put in. Works 10x better for aromatics.''
However, not everyone was sold, as a few sceptics also chimed in.
''Nope. Dyson cost big [money]. Don’t want to stuff it up,'' a person said.
''Be careful if you have pets,'' a fourth warned, with another explaining that essential oils can be ''toxic'' to our furry friends.
Cleaning hacks and tips
Here are some tips to help you clean your home like a pro:
- How to clean your washing machine in a few easy steps
- Keep on top of cleaning your oven regularly
- Clean your shower to ensure it's always sparkling
- How to clean your microwave using cheap household items
- Here's how to get rid of that nasty limescale in your kettle
- You're cleaning your carpet all wrong – here's how to get it spotless again in no time
- Unblock a toilet without a plunger
- Clean your fabric or leather sofa in a few easy steps
- If you haven't cleaned your mattress in ages, here's how
- Steps to cleaning your dishwasher to leave it looking brand new
- This is how to clean mirrors and windows without streaking
- Keep your toilet clean in four easy steps
- Give your TV screen a once-over
- Did you know your Venetian, Roman, vertical, or roller blinds also need cleaning?
- Deep-clean your fridge in five simple steps
Source: Read Full Article