Hungry Girl: This 6-Ingredient Breakfast Recipe Tastes Just Like Dessert
I’m so excited. Why? Because starting today, my brand-new cookbook, Hungry Girl Simply 6, will be available online and wherever books are sold! Every recipe in this book is made with just six all-natural ingredients or less. To celebrate, I’m sharing an all-new breakfast recipe with—you guessed it—only six ingredients. It tastes like dessert, but it’s actually a healthy morning meal.
Blueberry Pie Breakfast Parfait
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 cup blueberries (fresh or thawed from frozen, no sugar added)
1 packet natural no-calorie sweetener
¼ tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
1 graham cracker (¼ sheet), finely crushed
¼ tsp. cinnamon
Dash of salt
1. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1 tbsp. water.
2. Add blueberries, half of the sweetener packet, ⅛ tsp. vanilla extract, ⅛ tsp. cinnamon, and salt. Mix well. Cover and microwave for 1½ minutes, or until thickened.
3. Let cool for 10 minutes, or until cooled and thickened. (Optional: Refrigerate until chilled.)
4. In a small bowl, mix yogurt with remaining half of sweetener packet, ⅛ tsp. vanilla extract, and ⅛ tsp. cinnamon.
5. Spoon half of the yogurt into a medium glass. Top with half of the blueberry mixture. Repeat with remaining yogurt and blueberry mixture.
6. Sprinkle with crushed graham cracker.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes or less
Cool time: 10 minutes
Nutritional Information: Entire recipe: 196 calories, 1g total fat (0g sat fat), 225mg sodium, 35g carbs, 4g fiber, 20g sugars, 13g protein
‘Til next time… Chew the right thing!
Source: Read Full Article