Indy Power: Spicy Butter Bean Falafel
Beans make a delicious twist on traditional falafel.
Spicy Butter Bean Falafel
This is a delicious little twist on falafel. Of course you can use classic chickpeas but butter beans make a lovely subtle change and the zing and heat of the harissa is gorgeous. Use the best tahini you can find.
Please log in or register with Independent.ie for free access to this article.
New to Independent.ie? Create an account
Gluten free & vegan. Serves 6.
1 tin butter beans
2 cloves garlic
20g sesame seeds
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Start by draining the butter beans and rinsing them.
Add them to your food processor with the tahini, minced garlic, harissa and the juice of half a lemon.
3. Season with salt and pepper and pulse until it’s just starting to come together. Don’t over blend it, you want it to be a chunky paste that holds together when shaped but isn’t smooth.
4. Use your hands to roll the mixture into balls and then roll them in sesame seeds to coat. Grease a roasting tray well with olive oil, then add the balls and shake it gently so they roll around in the oil.
5. Bake at 200°C for 25 minutes until golden. Flip them once after about 15 minutes.
Source: Read Full Article