This homemade instant pot noodles recipe is a perfect hassle-free meal
Pot noodles are the ultimate comfort food.
Quick and easy to make, it is the hassle-free meal we crave when we need some TLC.
Unfortunately, health wise, the traditional ‘Pot Noodle’ isn’t the most nutritious of choices.
Thankfully, Fiona Uyema (chef and owner of Fused by Fiona Uyema) has created a homemade instant pot noodle recipe that is both satisfactory and filled with health benefits.
It’s a snappy recipe that makes a warming lunch or an easy weeknight supper, and can be prepared well in advance.
This particular take is filled with protein and vegetables, but Fiona advises people use her recipe as a guide, meaning you can add all the delicious flavours and satisfying ingredients that you love.
No doubt this will be our new go-to:
- 1 x wide mouth jar with lid, or other heatproof container
- 1 tsp white miso paste
- 1/2 tsp chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 portion cooked noodles (any noodles of your choice will work)
- 25 g protein of your choice leftover cooked meat (shredded), hard-boiled egg (sliced), tofu (chopped)
- 1/4 courgette thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 25 g frozen petit pois defrosted if eating straight away
- small handful spinach leaves roughly chopped
- 1/2 lime juiced
- Place the white miso paste at the bottom of the container, add the chopped ginger and garlic, and soy sauce and mix to coat the bottom of the jar.
- Add the noodles, packing them down so they’re fairly compact.
- Add all the other ingredients except the lime.
- If not eating straight away, seal with container lid or cling film, and refrigerate for up to four days.
- When you’re ready to enjoy, simply unscrew the lid and pour boiling water over the top of the jar to cover. Place the lid back over the container. Let the soup steep for 5-10 minutes, until all ingredients are warmed through, and the soup is nicely hot.
- Squeeze some lime juice on top, stir everything to combine, eat with chopsticks, and enjoy.
Do you have a story to share?
Send us an email at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article