Calendar: Week of November 26
Here’s a look at the week ahead on our “Sunday Morning” Calendar:
Monday is so-called Cyber Monday, the day online retailers traditionally offer numerous promotions and discounts.
- Cyber Monday sales could set record (CBSN)
- Walmart offers at peek at its Cyber Monday deals (CNET, 11/22/18)
- Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday: What’s the difference? (CNET, 10/24/18)
- 7 tips to score the best deals on Cyber Monday (CNET, 11/26/17)
On Tuesday, Mississippi votes in a U.S. Senate runoff election between Republican incumbent Cindy Hyde-Smith and Democratic challenger Mike Espy.
- cindyhydesmith.com (Campaign website)
- espyforsenate.com (Campaign website)
- Cindy Hyde-Smith apologizes to “anyone who was offended” by her “public hanging” comments (CBS News, 11/21/18)
- Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith speaks in video about making it “more difficult” for liberals to vote (CBS News, 11/16/18)
Wednesday sees the lighting of both the White House Christmas Tree in Washington, D.C., and the Rockefeller Center Tree in New York City.
- 2018 National Christmas Tree Lighting, November 28
- Watch the tree lighting ceremony on Ovation and REELZ on Sunday, December 2 at 10 p.m. EST
- 2018 Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting, November 28
On Thursday, filmmaker Joel Coen, co-creator with brother Ethan of “Fargo,” among many other movies, celebrates his 64th birthday.
To watch a scene from “Fargo” featuring Frances MacDormand click on the video player below.
- The Coen Brothers on “The Ballad of Buster Scruggs” (CBS News, 10/04/18)
- Lebowski-Fest New York (Dec. 7 & 9)
- Every Coen Brothers Movie, Ranked From Worst to Best (Vulture, 02/05/16)
- The Coen Brothers’ films, ranked (Guardian, 09/07/18)
- The Definitive Ranking of All 17 Coen Brothers Movies (GQ, 02/01/16)
The films of the Coen Brothers
Joel and Ethan Coen have left their unique stamp of humor on tales of crime, passion, art and bowling
Friday sees the Ebony magazine Power 100 Gala in Beverly Hills, featuring a list of honorees, including former “first couple” Barack and Michelle Obama.
- Ebony Power 100 2018, hosted by Chris Tucker, benefitting the Sickle Cell Disease Association of America
- Meet the Honorees
And Saturday is World AIDS Day, offering people around the globe an opportunity to unite in the battle against HIV.
- worldaidsday.org (December 1)
- World AIDS Day (Dept. of Health and Human Services)
- World AIDS Day (POZ)
- HIV drugs show more promise for preventing new infections (CBS News, 07/24/18)
- Can gene therapy be harnessed to fight the AIDS virus? (CBS News, 02/14/18)
- “Encouraging signs” seen in fight against HIV (CBS News, 12/01/17)
- Trump budget cuts could result in millions of new AIDS-related infections, says new report (CBS News, 11/29/17)
Story produced by Charis Satchell.
Source: Read Full Article