Gas leak at hotel swimming pool in Kent sees 13 people treated by paramedics

A gas leak at a four-star hotel’s swimming pool in Kent has resulted in 13 people being treated by paramedics.

One woman was taken to hospital after emergency services were called to the Ashford International Hotel just after 3pm this afternoon.

Three fire crews and the South East Coast Ambulance Service’s hazardous area response team attended the incident.

Kent and Fire Service said in a statement: "Firefighters were called to reports of a gas leak at a hotel’s swimming pool in Simone Weil Avenue, Ashford.

"Crews wearing breathing apparatus and gas-tight suits carried out a search and made the scene safe while paramedics from South East Coast Ambulance Service’s hazardous area response team treated 13 people who presented themselves for assessment."

A spokesman for the South East Coast Ambulance Service said: "Ambulance crews including our Hazardous Area Response Team (HART) attended the scene following reports of people suffering from breathing difficulties.

"A total of 13 people were assessed and treated at the scene.

"One woman was taken to William Harvey Hospital for precautionary reasons."

Emergency services left the scene at around 4.30pm.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service are now working with Public Health England and the local authority, Ashford Borough Council to determine the circumstances of the incident.

Read More

Top news stories from Mirror Online

  • Mum faces jail after baby drowned
  • Tributes to M1 death teen
  • Horrific flesh-rotting drug hits UK
  • Spies close in on ‘White Widow’

Source: Read Full Article