Head chef, 20, found dead in pub where he worked after solo sex game went wrong

A 20-year-old head chef was found dead in the pub where he worked after a solo sex game went wrong, an inquest heard.

Frankie Bevan had been engaging in auto-erotic asphyxiation when he accidentally suffocated.

Police found his body on the stairs in the pub where he worked after staff raised the alarm.

An inquest heard the chef had not taken any alcohol or drugs.

Mr Bevan, of Hereford, lived and worked at the Severn Arms Hotel, in Penybont, near Llandrindod Wells, Mid Wales.

Powys Coroners Court heard Mr Bevan was found on the morning of November 11 last year.

Pub landlord John Costello told the hearing Mr Bevan was a "lovely quiet lad who worked very hard".

In a statement read out at the inquest, Mr Costello said he had left Mr Bevan to lock up the pub after it closed the night before.

The next morning a painter tried to access the pub but got no answer on the door.

The upstairs room of the pub was found to be locked, and Mr Costello believed he did not own the key to open it.

Mr Costello said he received a phone call from Mr Bevan’s foster mother who was concerned when he failed to come home.

He said: "I started to panic a little. I then rang the police to report Mr Bevan missing."

One of Mr Costello’s employees informed him that there was a key which could open the door, so he decided to open it to see if Mr Bevan had left.

He saw a broken banister and a bare foot, stepped back down and called 999.

PC Harris, who gave evidence, said CCTV showed Frankie go up to the hallway at 9.45pm on November 10 but did not return.

One of Mr Bevan’s colleagues, who he become good friends with, said that Frankie "kept himself to himself" and was "very happy-go-lucky".

A report from a doctor said that Mr Bevan was engaging in auto-erotic asphyxiation, which was associated with his death.

There was nothing to suggest anything other than pressure on the neck and head was the cause of the death, the doctor’s report said.

No drugs or alcohol were found in his blood.

The coroner read out a statement from Mr Bevan’s foster mother, her last foster child of 100 children.

She said that he "enjoyed going to church" and that he missed going when he worked on weekends.

Senior Coroner for South Wales Andrew Barkley recorded a conclusion of misadventure, saying the incident was "very tragic".

Read More

Top news stories from Mirror Online

  • 13 inches of snow in brutal UK freeze
  • Why you must renew passport soon
  • First picture tragic mum and toddler
  • Brit teacher died on Easyjet flight

Source: Read Full Article