How to enjoy Bonfire Night with the family without burning your cash – plus win £15k in our raffle
One study has revealed the average British family pays around £30.80 on tickets on Guy Fawkes night, while we spend a hefty £72.35 on throwing our own bashes.
If you’re about to shell out on a fireworks do, check out my ways to save first . . .
- Fairground fare: Many bonfire events feature stalls of fairground-style food but you can recreate it at home with Bunlimited. Its Hot Dog Meal Kit contains four sausages, plus toppings and sauces in one pack. It is available at Tesco for £2.50, down from £3.50, until November 7. You’re looking at around £5 per hot dog at a public bonfire event.
- Fireworks: Get more bang for your buck with Aldi’s fireworks range. It features fountains, rockets and Roman candles and is available on SpecialBuy. Prices start from just £1.29, for a pack of ten sparklers, up to £49.99 for the Ultimate Finale showstopper, with 132 rapid-fire shots. Similar finale fireworks can cost around £112 at buyfantasticfireworks.co.uk — making the Aldi buy a huge saving. You must be over the age of 18 to buy fireworks.
- Pudding: Satisfying your kids’ sweet cravings won’t break the bank thanks to Tesco’s Finest Sticky Toffee Apple Cake, £2.75 at Tesco. It serves six, that’s 46p a slice, and cheaper than buying a £1 toffee apple each.
- Sweet treats: For a bonfire treat, toast your own marshmallows. Kids will love getting involved around the bonfire and the gooey snack is cheap and cheerful. Epic Giant Toastin’ Marshmallows are two for £4 at Morrisons, usually £2.50.
- Seasonal sips: Adults can keep warm by sipping on hot toddies, made from warm whisky, lemon and honey. Aldi’s Highland Black Scotch Whisky, £12.99 for 70cl, has rave reviews and is easier on the purse compared to The Famous Grouse, £16. Meanwhile, kids and non-drinkers can enjoy hot chocolate — topped with spare marshmallows to make it extra special. Galaxy Frothy Top Hot Chocolate is a good option and is on offer at Tesco for £2, down from £2.60, until November 6.
Deal of the day
LIGHT up the room with the Yankee Candle Christmas Collection on offer in Boots. Was £50, now £25 until Thursday.
TUCK into a bag of Cadbury Dairy Milk Giant Chocolate Buttons from Sainsbury’s. Was £1.50, now £1.
CLEAR your skin with Primark’s hyaluronic acid gel face mask, above, for £2, lots cheaper than the £13.50 Sarah Chapman 3D Moisture Infusion masks.
My Sun Savers fiver
MICHAEL CAWLEY, from East Sussex, says: “I’m saving Fivers so I can treat my wife, who helped me through cancer treatment.”
- Upload your fiver news at sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and you will get 28 codes worth £5 if your story is used. Please include your name and town.
Shop & save
HEAD to Bargain Booze and pick up a 70cl bottle of Tanqueray gin for £12.99, usually £19.99. Offer ends Sunday.
Reader's saving tip
JANET ROGERS from Hornchurch, Essex, says: “Sort through your wallets to find any old gift cards. Even if they only have a few pounds left on them, every little helps.”
- Share ideas at sunsavers.co.uk/tips and get 28 codes worth £5 if your tip is used. Please include your name and town.
Hot right now
SAVE up to 20 per cent on glhhotels.com bookings until November 12.
Get two free tickets to Madame Tussauds London with Sun Superdays
LAUNCH yourself on a trip to the Star Wars galaxy with our Sun Superdays offer of two free tickets, worth £70, to Madame Tussauds London.
See how you measure up against sinister Stormtroopers, witness Luke Skywalker battling Darth Vader and step aboard the Millennium Falcon to travel with your co-pilot Chewbacca.
To get your tickets, go to “Offers” in the Sun Savers app or sunsavers.co.uk and opt in to the Superdays promotion.
Collect NINE of the 18 codes, printed daily until Nov 13. Today’s is on p24. Enter them on Sun Savers and click “Redeem”. You will get an email with a unique code and steps on booking a date and time.
Not a Sun Savers member? You can still collect ten of the 18 tokens and book online, but only Sun Savers get early booking.
- Subject to availability. Code Collect. 18+ T&Cs apply, see thesun.co.uk/superdays.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £15k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
- T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs at sunsavers.co.uk/faqs.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.
Source: Read Full Article