The perfect Father's Day gifts for your dad at the right prices
WE KNOW the struggle of finding the right gift for your Dad.
Whether he is into cooking, sports or DIY, I have found some great gifts for the old man.
So make a champ of your childhood hero with one of these brilliant buys.
- Gillette Mach3 Turbo Razor & 11 Blades, £25 from Superdrug – buy here
- Personalised Apron – BBQ King, £14.99 from Getting Personal – buy here
- Photo Upload Key Ring – Minimal Navy, £7.99 from Getting Personal – buy here
Personalised Men's Leather Watch – Brown, £59.95 from Prezzybox – buy here
World's Best Dad Socks, £6.99 from Prezzybox – buy here
Personalised Weekend Holdall In Black Or Brown, £55 from Not On The High Street – buy here
- Balblair 15 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky, £73.25 from The Whisky Exchange – buy here
- Haig Club Whisky, £25 from Tesco – buy here
- Lussa Gin, £47.48 from Amazon – buy here
- Hardys Nottage Hill Cabernet Shiraz, £7.25 from Morrisons – buy here
Food and recipes
Pot-roast pulled beef brisket
- 1.8kg beef brisket
- 2 bay leaves
- 600ml ginger beer
- 500ml beef stock, made from stock cubes
- 5 drops Tabasco sauce
- ½ red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 red apple, grated
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 gherkins, diced
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
METHOD: Put the beef, bay leaves, ginger beer, stock and Tabasco in a pan, cover and simmer for 2½ hours.
Combine the cabbage, apple, carrot and gherkin.
Mix the mustard, honey and crème fraîche and add to the cabbage mixture, then cover and chill.
Remove the beef from the pan then skim the fat off the beef’s cooking liquid and boil to reduce by half.
Shred the beef and mix half of it with 5 tbsp of the reduction.
Serve with a dollop of coleslaw and perhaps some sweet potato wedges on the side.
- Click here to shop online at Morrisons
Chocolate fudge cake
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 175g Stork Original
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 175g self-raising flour, sieved
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp milk, add a third tbsp if required
- 55g Stork With Butter
- 200g icing sugar
TO MAKE: Preheat oven to 180C/160 fan/gas 4. Grease and line two round 20cm/8in cake tins. Blend two tablespoons of cocoa powder with two to three tablespoons of hot water and allow to cool.
Place all the Stork Original, caster sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and blended cocoa in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon for 2-3mins.
Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 25-30 mins. Turn out and cool on a wire tray. Place the milk, Stork With Butter, icing sugar and remaining cocoa powder in a bowl and beat together until smooth.
Sandwich the cakes together with some of the icing and spread remaining icing over the cake. You can brighten it up with coloured sprinkles.
- Recipe by Stork.
Source: Read Full Article