Toast to Christmas traditions and add a festive sparkle to your party with these boozy classics
More and more of us will be raising a retro glass of booze in celebration. And if you are having people round ahead of Christmas Eve you can save a snowball of cash with these sweet deals . . .
- BUCKS FIZZ: A celebratory drink is always a great way to start Christmas Day, and a sparkling glass of Bucks Fizz fits the bill perfectly. Mix two parts champers to one part orange juice — nab Iceland’s Charles Montaine Champagne, down from £11.99 to £5.75.
- SNOWBALL: A This treat is a Christmas classic and it is really easy to make, as there are only two main ingredients. Aldi is selling the Snowball’s key ingredient — Advocaat — for just £6.99 per bottle, saving £3.01 on Warninks Advocaat, £10 at Sainsbury’s. Mix equal parts of Advocaat with lemonade, £1, at Asda. You can add a squeeze of lime, to taste, and this drink is best served on the rocks.
- BABYCHAM: Sipping on this is sure to send you down memory lane. The refreshingly retro perry is currently on offer at Tesco, where you can snap up eight bottles for £5 — rather than the usual £5.60.
- MULLED WINE: The season is not quite the same without this winter warmer — but it can be a chore to make your own. You would need to stock up on and then simmer red wine, a blend of spices, sugar and fruit to get that festive flavour. Luckily, Tesco is selling ready-blended bottles for just £2.75 — so all you need to do is heat up the wine and it saves you forking out on every ingredient.
Deal of the day
POP a bottle – or two – of San Leo Prosecco, on offer at Ocado – two for £14.50, usually £10.99 each.
MAKE time for Tesco’s Slow- Cooked Beef Christmas Cracker. Was £8, now £6.
HAVE a cuppa of Tesco Finest Lapsang Souchong teabags for £1.50 instead of the Twinings Lapsang Souchong 50 Teabags for £3.30.
Shop & save
LIGHT up the room with the Glade’s Sugarplum Fantasies scented candle from Morrison’s. Was £5, now £2.
Reader's saving tip
CAROL MACKIE, of Falkirk, says: “If you have scratches on your phone or iPad, use a dab of toothpaste on a damp cloth, rub gently, then use another damp cloth to buff.”
- Send tips to sunsavers.co.uk/tips and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if yours is used. Include your name and town.
My Sun Savers fiver
TOM MOORE, from Lowestoft, Suffolk, says: “I am saving my Savers fivers to treat my wife, who has Parkinson’s, to a weekend away.”
- Send your Savers fivers stories to sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if yours is used. Please include your name and town.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.